The cat is a domesticated species of small carnivorous mammals.
Cat. The cat (Felis catus) is a domesticated species of small carnivorous mammals and is commonly referred to as the domestic cat or house cat Cats are not walked, so the cats that are allowed outside generally do their business outside. In cat-rich neighborhoods, this can cause a nuisance. Cat turds, stench and cat whimpers at night.
Cat poop can contain the parasite toxoplasmosis; this parasite can infect humans, sometimes causing flu-like symptoms or worse (eye disorders and nervous system damage). Also, toxoplasmosis can affect the unborn child of a pregnant woman.
In the garden, measures that reduce cat nuisance are possible.
Where to find
- Are commonly found
Clean up cat turds.
- Make sure the ground of the garden is covered; cats like to bury their turds. Sites with ground covers are not attractive.
- Put a lid on the sandbox.
- Put up a fence with netting on top.
- Make a corner for your own cat with some loose soil and sand where the cat can do its business. Regularly remove cat turds and do not put them on the compost heap because of the risk of transmitting animal diseases through the compost.
- Plant herbs that cats don’t like: marigold, lavender, wormwood, lemon thyme, mint, geranium, storksbills.
- Place devices that emit ultrasonic sounds as soon as a cat or dog approaches.
- Set out a water pistol for the most brutal of cats.